ODD: How We Determine It’s Distinction from Similar Diagnoses and Does Racial Bias Have an Impact
Mar 23, 2023
12:30 pm–1:30 pm
Baylor College of Medicine
Objectives: At the conclusion of the session, the participants should be able to:
- Identify obsessive-compulsive disorder (ODD) in children and adolescents using the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5) criteria.
- Describe evidence-based treatment for ODD including psychotherapeutic interventions (PMT, CBT) and pharmacotherapy (SSRIs).
- Utilize multi-modal approach to implement evidence-based therapeutic and pharmacologic treatments for ODD.
- Discuss how to determine the significant differences when assessing ODD versus other behavioral DoS.
- Discuss evidence-based data that exhibit racial implications for diagnosing disruptive behavior in children of color.