Project Support Specialist (this is an Austin-based position)
Under the general direction of the Director for Population Health Strategic Initiatives for the University of Texas System or his designee, the Project Support Specialist will support the Director of Population Health Strategic Initiatives and the entire Population Health program, which includes staff, faculty and students. The Project Support Specialist supports numerous projects that include the Texas Collaborative for Healthy Mothers and Babies (TCHMB), Texas Health Improvement Network (THIN), Texas Safe Babies, and the Texas Child Mental Health Care Consortium. This position is based in Austin, Texas and is funded through grants.
Major Responsibilities/Duties/Critical Tasks
- Supports the Director of Strategic Initiatives for Population Health, specifically by coordinating their calendar and setting up their meetings.
- Handles project meeting logistics for in-person and virtual meetings, including meeting distribution of materials, venue and catering (for in-person), and all other items related to meetings.
- Supports summits and conferences by arranging speaker travel and processing payments incurred for summit. Assists with setting up meetings, communicating with speakers/attendees, and coordinating the registration process.
- Track of distribution lists for each project. Assist with tracking of contracts, staff and student contacts, invoices, and deliverables.
- Order needed supplies for office and projects and track all supplies and office expenditures. Maintain and update office policies and procedures.
- Assist staff with travel plans, purchasing, and onboarding of new staff and students.
- Enter, submit, and track requisitions, invoices, PO’s and payments.
- Will be required to complete trained in concur, Taleo, e-forms, resource scheduler and any other new resources needed to complete the requires tasks for this position.
- Provides backup to the executive Assistance for Chief Medical Officer/Vice Chancellor.
- Will perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma is required, Bachelor Degree Preferred
- 2 plus years experience using spreadsheets, including MS Excel.
- 2 plus years of administrative assistance experience to include travel processing, meeting logistic and calendar support.
Applications must go through The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler.