Effects of Social Media and Gaming in Youth
Aug 13, 2021
1:00 pm–2:00 pm
TTUHSC El Paso
Fernando Doval-Perez, D.O.
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. MST
Date: Friday, August 13, 2021
Attendees will learn how to:
- Describe different types of social media popular in youth.
- Discuss benefits and risks of social media use in youth.
- Discuss guidelines for social media use in youth.
- Describe different types of games and platforms popular in youth.
- Discuss benefits and risks of gaming in youth.
- Discuss guidelines for gaming in youth.
About the Presenter:
Dr. Fernando Doval attended the University of Texas at El Paso for his undergraduate degree. He obtained his Master in biomedical Science and medical degree from Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. He is currently pursing a residency in General Psychiatry and a Fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at El Paso. His interests include child & adolescent psychiatry, community psychiatry and psychotherapy. His research is focused on gender dysphoria and nonconformity in children and adolescents.