Addressing Suicide in Pediatric Primary Care: Translating Knowledge into Practice
Sep 15, 2021
12:00 pm–1:00 pm
UT Tyler Health Science Center
- Stephanie Simmons, PsyD
- Halle Ross-Young, PsyD
- Elisabeth Hooker, MA, LPC
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, UT Health Science Center at Tyler
At the end of this presentation, participants should have increased information to:
- Identify ineffective ways to screen for suicidal ideation in a primary care setting
- Implement effective risk management strategies
- Demonstrate collaborative safety planning with children and caregivers
- Identify elements of an effective crisis protocol
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler is accredited by the Texas Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 1 .0 AMA PRA Category 1 credit TM. Participants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For more information or to obtain the CME link via email: email CPANinfo@uthct.edu or call Laura Young, BSN, RN, PHN, Sr. Program Manager, 903-877-8014.