Gender Identity Development in Children & Adolescents
Oct 06, 2021
12:00 pm–1:00 pm
UT Tyler Health Science Center
Or call in (audio only) +1 430-205-1142,,143289050#
Phone Conference ID: 143 289 050#
The Child Psychiatry Access Network (CPAN) at The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler is sponsoring a FREE Continuing Medical Education presentation via videoconference on Wednesday, 10/6/2021. We encourage you to join us and, as always, please feel free to share this educational offering with other primary care providers.
Title: Gender Identity Development in Children & Adolescents
Date: Wednesday, 10/6/2021
Time: 12:00 – 1:00pm CDT
Speakers: Halle Ross-Young, PsyD
- Develop familiarity with affirming terminology for gender identity and sexual orientation.
- Develop familiarity with the range of normative identity exploration in childhood and adolescence.
- Identify ways in which culture, environment, socialization, and other factors impact individuals’ gender identity development and psychosocial functioning.
- Identify clinical signs and DSM-5 diagnostic criteria indicating need to further evaluate for gender dysphoria.
- Identify practical tools for affirming practice with gender-expansive children and families.